Monday 20 October 2014

#MicroblogMondays:Ten Thousand Joys

Life, The Buddha taught is ten thousand joys and ten thousand sorrows.  Today, I am living with one of each. The wonderful celebration of my granddaughter's First Holy Communion and the confirmation of serious illness in someone close to my family. 

This is what life is, and many platititudes spring to mind in an attempt to ward off the blow that bad news deals to us. Tonight I am holding both events in my heart and remembering the wisdom of another great spiritual teacher: to weep with those who are weeping, and rejoice with those who are rejoicing. Doesn't seem like much, but sometimes  it's all we can do. 

Move towards those who are hurting, just be with them, when nothing can be said, just be. 

5 comments:

  1. Perfect perfect post. In such a brief amount of space, you sum up the only way through each situation. Congratulations on the Communion, and holding you in my heart as you help your friend through the illness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Move toward those who are hurting..." I think we so often do the opposite out of fear, overwhelm or media inspired desensitization. Taking it down a notch to the individual, human connection makes it so much more clear to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree...this is perfect. Coming here from Mel's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the last line. Thoughts are with you and your family and family friends.

    ReplyDelete