Tuesday 21 June 2016

SowingThe Wind

I remain an ardent member of the Twitterati, despite it's weakness, which is to say the opinions of other people, which are often not improved by being limited to 140 characters. It is, in fact, quite remarkable just how much bile, antagonism and profanity that can be  spewed  out  in so few words. 

I am not vile, only once rude ( for which I took a week of Twitter to cool down), and never, ever, profane. I am occasionally passionate, sometimes dismissive and, I like to think, once in a while, a tad humorous. I have been unfollowed by Cheltenham and blocked by Mark Steel: but no matter, one takes the rough with the smooth. 

I rarely listen to mainstream news any longer, though  I will put in a plug here for France24, non-partisan for sure, and a different perspective ... So my Twitterfeed keeps me up to date with all the goings-on. 

The discerning amongst you will spot a huge flaw in this strategy, especially if you factor in that I don't waste my wit on people who don't share my views, and I have no truck with the rude lot. Filtering my intake is good for my blood pressure, that's my excuse, and it's a good one. 

So it's on Twitter that I follow the abomination that is Donald Trump, with his vile views on practically every demographic except the crazy one, and the appalling farce that is the EU Referendum. 

Today, my TweetCommunity is a little peeved at the papers I would rather pull my own teeth than read, blaming Social Media for propagating the hatred that feeds  anger against LBGT, (Other) Faith Groups, Refugees and Immigrants. I would say that Social Media is a scary place if you don't have a strong stomach,  but Anti-Social Media must take responsibility too. Look at at THIS:


Sickening, isn't it? 

So a mad man with a gun and a knife brutally murders a member of the British Parliament, and everyone is rushing about trying to discover who is to blame?

I follow Donald Trump with horrified fascination and want to end by saying this:

IF YOU ALLOW THE POLITICS OF HATE TO SUCCEED , YOU END UP WITH DONALD TRUMP!!! 

And a beautiful, talented young mother dying in a pool of blood outside a library in a  quiet Yorkshire town. 

If you sow the wind, you reap the whirlwind. Just saying. 










1 comment: