Tuesday 5 March 2019

A Very Funny Thing Happened ...

Hello! I'm back ...

You may have noticed, "Posted With Blogsy" at the end of my posts, and this is because I use this amazing app to write my blogs. It is totally compatible with my iPad (Paddy) which I find Blogger isn't, or anyway, not so much. This is sounding like an advertisement, isn't it? It's not, because more than a year ago the developers of Blogsy stopped updating it, and it is no longer available.

This was not so terrible. OK, I couldn't do the things I never did, like add video clips, but I could do THIS, until this creaky old iPad upped and died.

I first noticed, last December, it wasn't powering up properly, and that the on/off button wasn't offing. Within days, it stopped recharging, and I knew the game was up. I bought it secondhand, and it had served a respectable term so, after trying for a couple of days to just make sure Paddy was dead, I laid her to one side and got on with my life. Sadly, without blogging: having lost the means to do so quickly and conveniently, and having much else to do, I went quiet.

Two days ago, I decided that a respectable mourning period had passed, and the time had come to lay Paddy to rest at the great recycling centre in the city. Having a bit of a joke with my husband Ray. I said, " I believe in miracles. Before I chuck it, I'll pray over it!"

It's true, I do, believe in miracles, but to be honest, I let the Lord off the hook on this one, because I was just having a laugh. I even told Him so and asked for his indulgence.

I promise you, I hadn't given up on Paddy without a fight. I had changed recharging cables, I'd left her charging for twenty-four hours. Not a spark, not a flash, not even the faintest glimmer of an apple.

So after a throw-away ask of the Almighty, I plugged this iPad in, and let it be. Some hours later, I flipped open the case, and to my utter astonishment ... Here we are.

Of course there are all kinds of explanations, but the one I prefer is this : the Lord of All has a great sense of humour, and always has the last laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment