Tuesday 11 August 2020

Night Post

I read on Twitter that tonight I would, along  with everyone else, be passing through a meteor shower. This seemed reason enough to execute a plan I’d been hatching since the purchase of a rather fancy hammock in March  - to sleep out under the stars.

So here I am.

 
I have spotted five meteors so far, and I’m thrilled. 

Things haven’t gone entirely to plan. A fabulous lightning storm to the north-east has been quite a distraction, visually, and a monster combine harvester less than a mile away has provided  a very noisy backdrop to what should have been a quiet night. 

It’s 11:42 now and relative silence has descended, clouds that appeared about fifteen minutes ago have floated on, and I’m about to resume my stargazing. 

Goodnight! 



No comments:

Post a Comment